Friday, June 1, 2012

Solvang and Buellton

From Lake Cachuma, we moved to Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellont.  Right next to the coolest town ever! Solvang! So it's a Danish town...





I was VERY happy to see that they have recycling in this town.  As much as I HATE to admit it...I think I'm turning into my mom!  Not really yet...but her crazy recycling habits HAVE finally rubbed off on me, and now i really want people to recycle.  It's not that hard!!!! Especially when the recycling and trash are in different halves of the same container!

Anyway, Solvang is great.  Here's a clock shop we walked into. Is this not straight out of Pinnochio?! It looks like Gepetto's shop! Mom, you would love this!!  There was one that looked just like yours.  So very cool.  It was like being in a fairytale book. They even had a bunch of Snow White and The Seven Dwarves stuff.  Like the office set (dopey stapler, grouchy scotch tape holder, etc) I had!


Check outta few of the super cool clocks they had

http://youtu.be/mVINSzhK1_0

http://youtu.be/YyQnEpdSKnI'

They have a ton of wine tasting places here. we've done that, so we decided to do an olive tasting!  Very cool...tried olives stuffed with jalapenos, almonds, etc.

More nice pics










No comments:

Post a Comment