Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Madonna Inn

I'm so MADDDDD.  I took a thousand pictures of this place and they all came out blurry!! Coolest place ever!  (I know I keep saying this about every place we go...but in a way, it's true about every place we go!)

Ok, so this hotel was built by this great couple.  I got here early because Shawn was driving the RV.  The bartender gave me the woman's "biography" book.  It's a picture/biography book written by the wife of Alex Madonna.  They built this whole thing together.  It was really neat to see all these pictures of them throughout the years, and to read the things she wrote about him.  It's the realtionship everybody dreams about...except maybe Ryan Grady.  But he has his own plans...

You can just hear in her words how much she loved and respected him...and vice versa. 

Anyway, they built this hotel.  Then they got in a lot of trouble from the town, bc everybody said it was too ugly and kitschy.

Everyone must be thrilled now, bc people go to this town to see the hotel now.  And they should!  It's really cool.

This is one of the dining areas.







Like I said, most of the pics came out blurry...but here's a video



So basically, Alex and Phyllis Madonna, couldn't decide on a theme, so they decided to do each room (about 11, originally) in a different theme.  In fact, this was the first "theme room" hotel.  Now they have over 100 rooms and EVERY ONE is different.  They're also over $180/night...but i made friends with the bartender when I first got there and was still waiting for Shawn in the RV, and he told me that he's often seen RV's in the parking lot overnight....so we just stayed in the lot and hoped we wouldn't get in trouble.  It worked!

So we parked and drove downtonwn in the car to check out the vary famous "Bubblegum Alley"  Look it up!  We saw it, and then we added to it :)



Yay!    :)


Bartender also told me that if I wanted to look at the rooms, I could go walk around in the morning when the cleaning people were fixing them up. So I did!

Overall, I was very sleuth-like i must say...although I did get caught peeking through some people's windows...I just acted confused...like...ooh, what's going on? I was looking for a friend...
it was worth it! What do they expect, staying in these cool theme rooms?!
Eventually, I made friends with the cleaning crew and got to see some cool rooms, but I got no pics...

I SWEAR, IT'S NOT BC I'M SPANISH, but the Spain room was the COOLEST! Definitely the most "themey," authentic of them all. REALLY!!

- San Luis Obispo


No comments:

Post a Comment